Friday, March 2, 2012

FF: Asleep - C13


‘Mr.Angad Khanna?’ the guard at the Khanna mansion exclaimed.

‘Chotu, how are you?’ Angad asked him serenely.

‘Mr. Angad Khanna. It’s so good to see you!’ he shook his hands with Angad. ‘I’m so glad you’re alive. I always refused to believe that you’d left us. I’m glad you’re back here. Things aren’t even the same anymore!’

‘Why? What’s-’

‘Y’all, let’s get this over with. Chotu, right? Open the freaking door so we can get in. I don’t have time to stand outside all day.’ Kripa rudely interrupted them.

Donning jeans and a biker jacket, she stood outside chewing a piece of gum looking utterly bored. A small nose ring rested comfortably against her nose and she had darkened her eyes significantly making them pop out. Silver chains dangled on her jeans and a lot of silver bangles jingled merrily on her wrist. She had badass written all over her.

‘Of.. of course,’ he stammered. ‘I’ll just let Sonia Ma’am know,’ he rushed to comply with Kripa’s command.

Angad turned back to Kripa and winked at her.

And she just tood there looking utterly bored.

Hot damn! He thought, she’s a great actress.

‘You can go in now,’ Chotu eyed Kripa apprehensively not quite sure whether he should let her in the mansion. But she was with Angad, his boss and he couldn’t say anything.

Kripa wheeled him in to the mansion and barely managed to keep her expression straight. But he had such a beautiful house. A long walkway winded up to the house with a freshly mowed lawn. She could just picture flowers in full bloom over here. It would have been exquisite. To think she had taken him to her small apartment when he was in a coma. It was almost laughable. They were definitely a long way from Delhi. Mumbai, here they were.

A woman stood in the doorway looking like the Lady of the Mansion, rather the Babe of the Mansion. Dressed in a sleek red dress that clung lovingly to her skin, her siren-like painted mouth curved into a smile. She looked like pure unadulterated sex. The body of a goddess matched her pinup face.

Kripa had a healthy dose of self-esteem but just looking at her dropped it significantly. She was the woman every woman envied and every man wanted. No wonder Angad had been engaged to her, this gorgeous woman.

With a heart of darkness. This was the woman who had tried to kill the incredible man she had gotten to know. This was the woman Angad needed justice because of. Kripa would end this.

This assessment took her just a few moments and they reached the doorway.

‘Angad, darling,’ her voice purred and she leaned in to give him a quick peck on the cheek.

This bimbo had made Angad laugh? Where had Angad’s brain been? Right, most likely he hadn’t been thinking from the brain in his head., Kripa thought viciously.

‘I’m so glad you’re alive,’ her voice dripped with honey and her perfectly manicured finger stroked his cheek. Kripa felt nauseous.

‘Sonia,’ Angad hugged her. ‘I’m so glad you’re still living in my house. When my memory returned, I wasn’t sure you’d still be here.’

She froze. ‘Your memory? What had happened?’ she asked her voice suddenly raspy.

He pulled her back, ‘I just remember that we got engaged before my accident. Not that I remember the accident at all.’ He scrunched his face in concentration as if trying to remember everything.

Sonia’s face relaxed marginally. She smiled a very genuine-looking smile and said softly, ‘Of course I couldn’t leave this house. I wanted to be with you and your memories,’ she sniffled.

OK, Kripa had to give her credit, she was a good actress.

‘Yo,’ Kripa interrupted, ‘If all this mushy crap is done, give me my money.’ Kripa continued to chew her gum/

Sonia stood, looked at Kripa from head to toe, and asked with disdain, ‘And you are?’

Kripa left the wheelchair, put her hands in her pockets and widened her stance, ‘Alex, the name is Alex. Now give me my money.’

Sonia stared at her in disgust and looked down at Angad, ‘What is she talking about?’

‘Sonia, I told her I would pay her to bring me here. I was in this wheelchair and hardly able to do anything. We’ll have to give her 100,000 Rs.’

Her jaw dropped. ‘What? 100,000 Rs? Is she crazy? 100,000 Rs to bring you here?’ her volume escalated. Then she glanced back at Angad, ‘Of course it means nothing compared to the fact that you’re home.’ She hugged him again.

‘Alex, right? How about you come in? Would you like to have anything?’ Sonia clearly was trying ot act like the good girl Angad had thought she was.

‘K, Coke’ll do.’ She wheeled Angad in and Sonia ordered drinks for all of them.

‘Angad, so tell me everything. Where were you? We all thought you were dead.’ And tears rolled down her cheeks. Kripa almost rolled her eyes.

‘I was in a coma in some hospital. I just woke up 3 months ago without any idea as to who I was. I just regained my memory a few days ago.’ He paused and stared into space. ‘Many things are still fuzzy though, I don’t remember my accident. Then I met Alex and asked her to bring me here. She asked why she should and then I offered her money. She seemed reluctant when I asked her but once I told her I was Angad Khanna, she agreed.’

Kripa stared at them both, still chewing her gum and now drinking Coke. ‘Ya, and don’t you forget that it’s100,000 Rs and not any less.’

Kripa’s phone rang obnoxiously. ‘I’ll be back. This is an important phone call.’

‘Lo,’ Kripa said and walked outside.

Sonia didn’t know what possessed her to follow this.. this tramp outside but she always followed her instincts. Look where that had gotten her; a huge gorgeous mansion with millions and millions of rupees. She went outside and hid behind the door.

‘Dude, I can do that,’ she overheard Kripa. ‘The fee is 100,000 Rs and not any less. That Shah will be out of your hair in no time. Don’t worry, the job will be done. He’ll be dead before your meeting comes up. But don’t forget, I take 50% upfront and 50% after the job is done. If I don’t get the money, I’ll do to you what I was planning to do with Shah. Here, note my bank details.’ Kripa recited some information while Sonia stood at her calculating the next plan.

‘You’re doubting me? Alex? I’ve been doing this for years and I still haven’t been caught. What makes you dumbass think I’ll be caught now? I’m a pro and I know how to kill, maim or decapitate anyone without leaving a trace, scientific or otherwise. This is a guarantee. Don’t you dare doubt me again or you’ll know me for sure. Bastard.’ With that she hung up.

Sonia’s brain whirled faster than a rollercoaster. This would be a good way to get rid of the rich bastard, Angad, before he remembered how she had tried to kill him. Look at the son of a gun’s luck, still alive. But not for much longer.

Sonia returned to the living room and sat b Angad trying to make him laugh. Men. She rolled her eyes.

Kripa entered in and Sonia almost crawled into Angad’s lap making Kripa gag internally. She trailed her finger down his face again and said, ‘I was just telling Angad how we should repay your favor. Why don’t you stay with us for a while?’

Kripa widened her stance again, ‘What will I get in return? I don’t do anything for free.’

Sonia got annoyed but kept her face smooth. ’25,000 Rs per day and full hospitality.’

‘50,000 Rs,’ Kripa bargained.

‘Fine,’ Sonia snapped.

Angad looked at Sonia and smiled. ‘You’re so sweet, Sonia. No wonder we got engaged. You’re a very special person.’

Kripa wanted to kick Angad but restrained herself.

Phase 1: successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment