Tuesday, March 13, 2012

OS: Khushi in Love - ArHi

Hi ArHians!

I wrote this one shot last week and it was inspired by another post on IF. I do not remember whose post it was or what the title was, but if anyone knows it after reading this, please do let me know so that I can give that person credit. Thank you and enjoy this! And please leave lots of comments! There's nothing more disconcerting than no comments on something you worked hard on. Is the guilt trip enough to entice you to comment? LOL

Khushi in Love

‘I know! I love Gibbs so much!’

Arnav froze at the sound of his wife. He came home after a long day from work and Khushi was expressing her love for a man named Gibbs? What kind of a name was that, anyway?

‘I know right, if he still wasn’t in love with Shannon, he’d probably be mine.’ Khushi sighed dreamily.

What the, he thought. Nani, Mami and Payal were just sittign around, chatting away and they didn’t even mind Khushi cheating on him with another man? What was wrong with the women of the household?

‘I love the head-slaps the most. He’s so in control, you know?’

His Khushi was into kinky stuff? He just stared at her in a combination of revulsion and fascination. And the other women didn’t mind what she was saying?

‘And his eyes, oo,’ she giggled like a schoolgirl infuriating Arnav. ‘I could just eat him up in one big bite.’ She giggled again.

‘Khushi,’ He finally said. She looked at her husband, waved and put her finger up so that she could finish her conversation.

‘I can’t believe that he’s still so hot, you know? He’s probably my father’s age. But damn, if men just aged like that, women would have no problem at all!’ Her eyebrows rose at the end of the statement.

Arnav’s mouth just dropped. She was in love with an old man? His Khushi? What was wrong with her? And why was he tolerating this conversation?

He walked to her, yanked her cell phone and disconnected the call in a single flick.

Khushi stood abruptly and sputtered in shock. The women finally stopped chatting away. They looked at the unfolding scene in fascination.

‘What’s wrong with you, Arnav? Why did you hang up on my friend?’ she asked, still completely in shock.

‘What nonsense were you just telling your friend?’

‘What was I talking about? Nothing at all! Arnav, what’s going on?’

‘You’re daydreaming about a man named Gibbs and you want me to listen to you about this?’ he screamed at her red in rage.

‘Oh, Gibbs! Arnav, if you would just have seen him, you’d know what I’m talking about. He’s still in shape and his peppery hair is such a turn on. His eyes just beckon a woman to come closer so that she can uncover all his secrets. Yummy! And his cheekbones? They’re so sexy. I’ve never such sexy cheekbones. He’s just so dreamy. Mmm,’ she closed her eyes and swayed in a trance.

‘What the? Khushi!’ he screamed. ‘How dare you?’

‘How dare I what? Arnav, go away. You’re making me angry now. I don’t want to say something I’ll regret. And give me my phone.’

‘So you can talk about this Gibbs? Over my dead body!’ he looked at the phone in his hand and flung it on the ground. Mami squealed at the crack of the phone. Nani tried to intervene but Arnav held his hand up.

Khushi gasped again in shock. ‘What the? Arnav! Why did you do that? What’s wrong with you?’

‘What’s wrong with me? You’re cheating on me with an old man!’ he raged at her.

There was pin drop silence in the room. Khushi stared at him in amazement.

Suddenly, she giggled.

All the women started laughing at once.

Arnav looked at all the women as if they had lost their minds. Especially his Khushi.

In between peals of laughter, Khushi finally managed, ‘I’m cheating on you with Gibbs? You’re hilarious Arnav. I have never even met Gibbs!’

Arnav stared at her in surprise. ‘Then how do you know this Gibbs?’

Khushi couldn’t control her laughter so Payal told him instead, ‘You know the show Khushi is obsessed with? NCIS? He’s the lead character in that show. She’s been watching that show for weeks now, we thought you knew about Khushi’s obsession with Gibbs!’

Arnav turned red and stomped to the bedroom. He lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling. This was completely mortifying. He wasn’t going to speak to Khushi at all. He should just lock himself in the room.

He felt Khushi’s presence in the room, but ignored her.

‘Arnav.’

He didn’t respond.

‘Arnav, don’t be angry. I just love that show and you know how I am.’

Again, he didn’t respond.

‘Arnav, now you’re behaving like a kid,’ she said in a huff.

He suddenly stood up and took a step towards her. His eyes were ferocious.

Without thinking about it, she took a step back. This dance continued until he backed her against the wall. He slapped both his hands on it giving her no escape route.

‘I’m behaving like a kid and you’re daydreaming about an old man. So you married a child.’

‘Arnav, he’s even hotter than George Clooney and Harrison Ford combined.’ She saw his enraged face and changed gears, ‘Anyways, that doesn’t even matter, Arnav, he’s just a character.’

‘You’re my wife. Who daydreams about another man. Who loves another man.’

Khushi sighed, ‘I love his character. But I’m in love with you. And jealousy is very unbecoming.’

‘Jealous? Who me?’

‘Yes, you.’

‘Insane with jealousy,’ he nipped her ear.

‘I love you, Arnav.’

‘I love you, Khushi,’ he placed his lips on hers and all was well in their paradise.

Nisha

No comments:

Post a Comment