Thursday, March 1, 2012

FF: A Blue Moon Ago - Chapter 30


It was late at night and Kripa finally finished watching Home Alone. There was a movie collection in the living room she had not noticed before. She had laughed so hard that tears were rolling down her face while watching the movie. She had to try all the tricks someday. The tricks were too good in this movie.
Kripa heard a car when she switched the TV off and frowned. The farmhouse was in a secluded area. Only people who came to the farmhouse used that lane and she knew for a fact that nobody was supposed to be here. She heard the car stop and freaked out. There was a thief here! The thief probably thought that there was nobody here and came here for an easy loot! She didn't hear any door open yet and she knew what she had to do. She was not going to let the thief steal anything. Hmmm, she had to use the Home Alone ideas, right?
Kripa went downstairs and found a small bucket. She filled it with water. She opened the door slightly, stood on a stool and put the water bucket on it. That was round one. It was time for round two. She grabbed a fan and put it behind a stool. She went to the kitchen quickly and dumped some flour on the plate and placed it on the stool. Hahaha, she laughed evilly. Then she reprimanded herself to hurry up. The thief would be in any time!
Round three was very simple. She found some marbles and put them on the floor some distance from the door. She also found some chocolate syrup in the kitchen. She poured it in another plate and left it near the stairs. She quickly went upstairs where she had seen a baseball bat and brought it downstairs. She wished she had some more time to lay more traps but she heard the car door open. Let the fun begin, she grinned.
Kripa saw the door open and smiled. She heard the splash of water and a shriek. She switched on the fan and all the flour flew towards the thief. She heard the thief scream even more and tried not to laugh. She watched him walk towards the stairs when he let out another scream because he lost his balance, thanks to the marbles. His face landed in the chocolate syrup. By this time, Kripa was laughing so hard that her sides ached.
She took her baseball bat and walked towards the thief. She started hitting the thief with it. 'You moron! You think you will come here and steal and nobody will say a thing? Hahaha, think again. Nobody, and I mean nobody messes with me.' She said all this in between hitting the thief. She saw that the thief had passed out and grinned evilly. She went to get some rope she had put on the stool when a hand grabbed her foot.
Kripa screamed. This was not good! The thief turned and pulled her on the floor and turned again so that Kripa was under the thief. She screamed loudly until he put his hand on her mouth. OK Kripa, think. What are self defense classes for? She thought. Her hands were blocked. Those were the most important things for self defense! She flipped her mental files until she thought of something. She jerked upwards and sideways. Nothing happened. I have done this so many times in self defense class, why is it not working now? She tried this several times when she finally gave up. She finally looked in the thief's eyes and wondered why the thief didn't say anything. And why was he looking at her like that?
Angad, help me, she thought. The thief removed his hand from her mouth and tried to lower his mouth down to hers. She jerked her head sideways! I am going to be raped, Angad help me! She tried squirming but nothing happened. She tried pleading with the thief, 'Please don't do anything to me. You can't do anything to me. Look, I'm sorry I did all this. But how could I let you steal anything? Please leave me.'
'Why?' the thief asked. The voice sounded familiar to Kripa but she didn't think much about it.
'Why? Because I have a child. I am married. Because I love my husband a lot! Please let me go!' Kripa started crying.
The thief wiped her tears with his floury hands. He said huskily, 'Kripa.' She stopped sniffling and turned her face to his. She shrieked, 'Angad! Oh my God, you scared me. Are you silly?' She burst into tears again hugging her husband tightly. Angad pressed his cheek to hers forgetting the chocolate syrup on his face.
He rolled again so that she was above him. 'Don't cry Kripa. Why did you leave me again Kripa? Why do you always do this?' he asked a tear escaping his eye.
She frowned. 'I didn't leave you. Who told you that? Mama said that I needed a break and she suggested I go somewhere and I came over here.' Angad looked at her stunned. Then he started laughing. Kripa didn't see what was so funny so she just kept on looking at him.
He sobered quickly. 'Mom told me that you had left, never to return. I drove back to Nainital the same day. I was going mad without you Kripa. I was going crazy.' He looked at her and said, 'I love you Kripa.'
She whispered, 'I love you too, Angad. I love you very much!'
He got up and carried her upstairs. She looked at his face and started giggling, 'You look cute in chocolate syrup, Khanna.'
He rubbed his face against hers, 'I do, don't !? Now, so do you sweetheart.'
He carried her to the shower and closed the door behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment