Thursday, March 1, 2012

FF: A Blue Moon Ago - Chapter 16


On the other side, Mishti and Prithvi were seated in Mishti's cabin. They were talking in earnest about their cases and what complications they had. They saw Dr. Mishra pass and decided it was time to put Act II into action. 


'Prithvi! I can't believe you cheated on me! How could you? I thought you loved me! Wasn't I enough for you? What else did you need? I gave you everything of mine! How could you? You're such a jerk!' by this time, Mishti had managed to bring fake tears to her eyes. She looked really heartbroken. 



Dr. Mishra stood outside listening to them. He just couldn't believe his luck. He had actually stumbled on one of the most private conversations in his entire life! He was so excited he could barely contain it. Little did he know, all this was planned. 



Prithvi looked at her and felt like laughing. He sobered up. 'Mishti, how many times do I have to tell you that I did not cheat on you! She is my patient and nothing else! You mean the world to me! You know that I love you!' He screamed at the top of his lungs. As he was saying this, all the moments he had spent with Mishti came in front of his eyes. He thought of her smile, her laughter, her mischievous nature, the moments of how sad she looked when anything happened to her patients, and he realized what he had actually said was true. He had fallen in love with Mishti. He couldn't pinpoint the exact moment, what the heck, he had just realized it right now. Was he always in love with her? Or was it just a recent development? He thought of how she looked now and felt something tug at his heart. She was wearing a baby blue halter neck with white trousers and long, dangling white loops. She looked stunning. Why was it he had never noticed before how beautiful she was? She always looked like such a princess that his gaze roamed over her. 



'Prove that to me Prithvi. How am I supposed to believe that? I was such an idiot to fall for you. How could I have been such an idiot? I have ruined my life trying to be with you!' Mishti was enjoying this very much. It was becoming very difficult for her to control her laughter. 



'Mishti, it's my word against what you saw. I have no proof. You'll have to decide it for yourself if you trust me enough. Is it my word or is it what you saw?' he asked. He couldn't think why but he was suddenly serious. He felt as if he was caught in such a situation. 



Mishti felt like she could believe him anytime. Why am I thinking of it like that? It's not even real, she thought. 'Prithvi, I believe you. I'm sorry for even suspecting. I've just had a busy day.' 



'It's OK. I love you.' He went to her and kissed her forehead. Her world spun. He had never kissed her forehead like that. Why was she getting emotional? 



Dr. Mishra was disappointed. He had wanted something much more. Perhaps a break up? Nah, this is good, he thought. At least it is confirmed that they're dating. Hmmm, what should I spread about them now? He left thinking about that. 



Prithvi still had Mishti in his arms. 'Prithvi, he's gone. Leave me now,' Mishti said a bit breathlessly when she realized he was not letting her go. 



Prithvi murmured against her hair, 'I know. It just feels good to hold you like this.' Mishti was getting surprised by the minute. It was true that she liked him more than a friend, but did Prithvi like her too? She was not imagining this, right? 



'Prithvi, why are you still holding me?' she asked confused. 



'You don't have a problem, right?' he asked. He couldn't bring himself to get away from her. She just smelled so good. Why hadn't he noticed that before? Was he blind before this? 



'Prithvi, why?' She wanted clear answers. She hated just guessing or assuming things. She liked them to be clear. 



'Mishti, can't you stay shut for a few minutes? Fine, if you have to know, I'm in love with you, that's why. At the moment, I really don't care whether you love me too or not, it just feels so good to hold you. So just let me hold you alright? You can get enraged later if you want to.' Mishti had to suppress a giggle. She was feeling jubilant. The man she loved was such an idiot. She loved being held by him. She felt so special. 



After some moments she broke the silence. 'Have you held me enough now? Time to get enraged?' 



He left her suddenly and looked sheepish. 'Sorry, that was no way to tell you of my feelings. How unromantic could I get? And I thought I had some romantic streak in me.' He sighed loud and eloquently. This time she could not control her grin. 



'I agree. That was pathetic. Especially the 'I really don't care whether you love me too or not'. How can you say that when you're confessing your love to someone?' 



'How am I supposed to know that? I haven't done it before. I'm sorry if you wanted something more elaborate.' He was getting angry now. She still hadn't said whether she had feelings for him or not. 



'Prithvi! Don't get mad now! Don't spoil it! OK, don't leave! I love you too!' He turned with the widest grin imaginable. He went to her, took her in his arms and whirled her around as she giggled. 'Prithvi! We're in the hospital! Put me down!' He put her down. 



Just when they were about to sit down, they saw Kripa pulling Angad to her cabin. Prithvi's brow rose quizzically. 'What's going on there? Well, that's good. Perhaps another love story on track.' He saw Mishti blushing at his comment and laughed. He didn't know she could blush this well by just referring to them as their 'love story'. He liked this side of her. He realized how much of her emotions he had yet to explore. 



'Seems like it,' she muttered. She could feel herself getting hot and cursed herself for that. She was also getting worried for her friend when she saw a sad Kripa leave after a few minutes leaving an equally sad Angad behind. She sighed. One day they would be together. The sooner the better. 



Kripa was very busy that day. She did not realize when it was evening. That did not mean that she was not thinking of Angad. In between surgeries, she would catch herself dreaming about him. During the surgery, she just had her eyes, ears and her heart for the patient. But there was nothing to stop her from daydreaming about him the other times. 



She would see him right? He would not keep his word right? She wanted to see him but she didn't want to see him either. She realized that no matter what happened, she would always be in love with that charismatic, wonderful, sweet, tall, dark and handsome cheat. She chided herself. She had no right to think of him. She still shuddered of the thought of him finding out about Kunal. How would Angad react? 



She went to Naina Khanna's room and was surprised to find her son sitting on her bed. Kunal didn't know about Naina Khanna, did he? She couldn't remember telling him about her being in the hospital. She saw them laughing at one of the jokes he had cracked. Kripa looked at her son's grandmother's face which was red from laughing. It seemed like she was really enjoying her grandson's company. 



Kripa felt a twinge of regret in her heart. Kunal had never gotten his dadi's love. Although he had his nani, dadi was an important figure in a child's life. Kunal felt his mother's presence and turned. He saw her and smiled. He was just about to say something when he saw his mother mouth the word 'Dadi' to him. He turned and looked at his grandmother's face with pure, undisguised love. 



Kripa heard her son speak to his grandmother. 'Do you know aunty I don't have a Dadi. I was just wondering if I could call you Dadi. If that is OK with you, of course.' 



Kripa's heart swelled with pride. This was her son, she thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment