Thursday, March 1, 2012

FF: A Blue Moon Ago - Chapter 7


Kripa looked at both of them with a smiling face. 'So what's the big deal about that? Let them think what they want to as long as you know the truth. It really shouldn't make a difference; you know how he is so just ignore him. He even knows that it is a false statement so why give him the pleasure of wasting your breath over him?' 


'Kripa, I really care about my reputation. We're doctors right so our image should make a difference. It may be easy for some people to accept that but I absolutely cannot. I can't stand that evil man!' Kanan sighed in frustration. 



Mishti clapped her hands with her eyes gleaming. 'He's telling the staff that there's something going on between us right? Let's prove him right for once. That will teach him not to interfere in anyone's life. This will hit him and he won't even figure how this happened. Guys, let's put my plan in action.' 



Kripa smiled with pleasure, 'You do know how perfectly right you are. This is awesome, do that and he'll shut his mouth up.' 



Nishant entered and enquired, 'Whose mouth do you want to shut up apart from Dr. Mishra's? I am so sorry about this Kanan, I can imagine how pissed off you might be. Please relax OK.' 



'No need to worry anymore Nishant. From now, you and Kanan are dating as are I and Prithvi,' said Mishti. 



'Are we dating? Since when?' asked Prithvi sounding really confused and looking at Mishti in disbelief. 



'Sweety, we're dating from now this moment. Not for real you idiot, only in front of Dr. Mishra. To prove him right for once. You know, keep on dropping hints till he can't take it anymore and decides to confront us in front of everyone. Then we drop the bombshell, we're just friends Dr. Mishra. The Board this time will give him a warning since they will not stand the doctors' reputations being spoiled.' Mishti supplied. 



Thus began a confusing day for Dr. Mishra when he really saw the doctors engaged in private conversations. He saw Kanan and Nishant huddled close at the end of the corridor. All the doctors knew of the plan and had decided to help this group. They whispered among themselves about the 'couples' when he was around. Everyone at the hospital had a lot of fun when they had free time confusing the evil man. 



Kripa laughed her head off during the day and was still laughing when she got home that day. Kunal came running outside to give his mother a huge bear hug. He spoke breathlessly, 'Mama, Aaliya Aunty is inside. She came sometime ago and said she'll wait for you. She's such a sweet woman. She gave me so many chocolates and she was telling me your school stories and everything. She told me that you were best friends during school time. Why didn't you ever tell me about her?' 



Kripa felt dazed. Aaliya was here. Her son's aunt was here. Her once-upon-a-best friend was here. She did not know what to think but she knew she was going to kill Josh for this. He surely would be dead this time. She hadn't actually given permission to him for Aaliya to come over. Kripa walked inside thinking about all the good times they had together. She stepped inside and saw her watching a picture of Kripa and Kunal together and another one of the two 'couples' and the mother and son. 



Aaliya turned. They stared into each others' eyes. They just saw each other and all was forgotten. Kripa's anger towards her best friend faded and all she felt at that moment was love. She was the girl, or woman as of now, that had introduced her to the city of Mumbai. She was the one she had her first girlish moments with. Although Kripa had lived in Nainital all her life, she had felt the first hints of friendship with Aaliya and that was during the first year of university. Aaliya was a year older and were poles apart but were the best of friends anyone could wish for. 



They walked wordlessly into each others' arms and hugged one another tight. They had tears rolling down their cheeks and Kunal watched them stunned. Why was his mother crying? Why was his mother's friend crying? He walked up to them and hugged them sideways. The women stopped crying and saw him all cuddled up against them. Aaliya looked at Kripa and Kripa understood what Aaliya was saying. He looks completely like his father. And he is the most caring person. The three sat on the sofa and Kripa made official introductions of both of them. They talked for a while about small things when finally Kripa turned to Kunal and motioned him to do his homework. He nodded, kissed on both the women's cheeks and went upstairs. 



Kripa turned to Aaliya. 'Why did you come now Aaliya? You never even told me why you broke our friendship and now you come back in my life wordlessly?' 



'I'm really sorry Kripa. I wouldn't tell you because I couldn't tell you. I always thought you broke Angad's heart. How could I forgive you? You know how important my brother is to me and I couldn't see him like that. I really don't know why I thought that you broke his heart but at that time, all I knew is that you did. It was not important for me to find out what happened. All that mattered to me was that you hurt him.' 



'I hurt him Aaliya? He cheated on me! Your brother actually had the audacity to cheat on me. How could he do that? He cheated on me with that Sonia. You know the day I walked up on both of them was the day I had found out that I was pregnant. I was ecstatic. All I could think of was how I would tell Angad. All I could do was feel grateful that I had his life in me now and he ruthlessly broke my heart! He cheated on me!' 



Aaliya was shocked. What was going on? Both of them thought the same thing. She wouldn't say anything until she got to the bottom of this problem. It wasn't just two lives at stake; it was three. Kunal was involved in this too. His future had to be taken care of too. Although Kripa had done a wonderful job with her son, he still needed his father's love. They brushed these things aside and talked about other things. 



Kripa forced Aaliya to stay for dinner and they had a wonderful meal. They cooked like they had in the olden days. They laughed and they sang and had a wonderful time. But Aaliya did not tell her that Angad was in town too. She didn't want her friend to tense up at that. They sat down watching television after dinner. 



'When did you come to Nainital Aaliya?' Kripa asked. 



'Oh, I came two or three days ago. I was getting bored of Mumbai and thought that it would be nice to come down here and enjoy nature for a change. You know how Mumbai is without any beauty or anything,' said Aaliya stifling a yawn. 



'So how did you know I was here? Did Josh tell you that?' Kripa enquired. 



'Yes, it just slipped off his tongue. At first I was furious that he had been in touch with you. Then he told me everything and I just could not be sorry enough. I really am sorry Kripa.' 



Kripa and Aaliya went and tucked Kunal into bed and kissed him goodnight. They knew these were really private talks and they could not afford Kunal to be hearing them. They slipped downstairs quietly. 



'So you came with Josh? Where is that idiot? He didn't even come and meet me! How could he do that to his own sister?' Kripa complained cheekily. 'You must have stopped him from doing so.' Kripa stuck her tongue out and Aaliya laughed. 



'He's just busy. He had to come and see the construction site here and has to deal with many people here so he couldn't make it. He didn't forget to say sorry though. He said he'll come tomorrow or the day after.' Aaliya fell into silence and thought about how she wanted to phrase her next statement. She decided to be blunt about it. 'Kripa, Josh just proposed to me.' 



Kripa's face flushed with pleasure. 'Oh my God! When? How did this happen? He even didn't tell me was going to do this! This is amazing!' 



'Kripa, don't be too excited. I don't think this will work out.' She lowered her eyes. 'If Angad finds out, he'll probably kill me.' 



'Why will Angad kill you? They're best friends right? What problem will he have with that?' 



Aaliya looked at her friend quietly and became really sad. 'Don't you know, Kripa? The day you left they stopped talking.' Aaliya announced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment