Thursday, March 1, 2012

FF: A Blue Moon Ago - Chapter 2


'Kripa, I respect your decision about not telling him about your son. But at least you had a choice in that. I didn't have a say in that. Most people think that we have made mistakes in our lives. But I don't think I made a mistake. You know I loved Surya so much. You would have a father if he did not have had a car accident. He didn't even know that you existed,' Gayatri sniffed. 'I was going to tell him that night about you and we were talking about getting married. But I think it just wasn't meant to be. I wish he was around and he'd have given you and Kunal so much love! I know that I did not make a mistake because I still love him so very much! And I had you; the biggest gift I could ever have.' Both mother and daughter hugged after this. 


'I know mama. I love you and don't worry about this now. I had the best upbringing anyone could ever want. I'll make sure Kunal has the same upbringing that you gave me. And mom, I love you so much for the fact that you never once told me to get married for Kunal. That you trusted me enough to take care of him and you.' Kripa was feeling very emotional today because she was missing him terribly. 



'I love you too. You better get going to the hospital or you know how Mishti and Kanan are going to get the hospital on their heads. God, I'd think that you three are sisters, and Prithvi and Nishant your brothers. I know I know. Don't give me that look. You're all just friends and I shouldn't even considering naming you brothers and sisters because that's when your relationship starts straining with people. You trust but not too much. Kripa, you know no matter what has happened, you should learn how to trust someone. Why don't you tell anyone about your past? All they know is that Kunal is your son.' 



'Mom, there's no point about telling anyone about my past. I don't want to see pity for me in anyone's eyes. They know that I was never married and still have a son and they have accepted me as that. Why should I be creating more complications for myself by telling them? They're happy like this as I am. I don't even want anyone to even hear his name from my mouth.' 



'If you don't even want anyone to hear his name, then why do you wake up in the middle of the night every time? Why are you always profusely sweating when you think about him? I know there's no man in your life and there never will be. I know you don't regret about that night and you'll never think about anyone, but why don't you let your loved ones know about him?' 



'It's because it still hurts me mama. It still hurts a lot. And I don't want anyone to see that. I don't want anyone to know that I was made a fool of. I don't think I can ever live with that. I better get going to Sanjivani as you've already said that everyone will be throwing tantrums if I get late.' 



Sanjivani was the largest, most reputed hospital in Nainital and in fact in the whole state of Uttaranchal and the northern part of India. Nainital was a small but beautiful city. It was so amazingly green that many people who went there for a vacation became permanent residents of Nainital. Kripa drove off to Sanjivani Hospital in her white Mark II car. She had her music in a soft tone; just the way she liked it. The song that was playing was Bahut Pyaar Karte Hai from the movie Saajan. She loved this song with all her might. Whenever she heard the song, she remembered all the moments she had with him. 

********Flashback******** 

'So, you're new in this university right? And your name is?' he asked. 


'Kripa, Kripa Sharma. Yes, I'm new and I don't see why you should be bothered about that. Now leave me and let me go,' she replied with her head high. 



'Oh, so now Miss Kripa Sharma has attitude. Let's see how long this attitude lasts. I'm not letting you go till you show us one of your talents. If you have any that is,' he smirked at this. With one clean move, she had him on his back. 



'Got you! So you were saying? I forgot to mention one thing, don't mess with Kripa Sharma!' She walked off after this very humiliating experience. His eyes were left wide open. He couldn't believe that a girl dressed up like her, who was so petite against him, could pull off such moves. That was neat and apart from his humiliation, he was very impressed. So a bhenji could pull that off. 

********End of flashback******** 

Kripa sighed. When the song ended she had reached Sanjivani. She walked to the hospital wearing a beautiful yet simple Punjabi choodidar. It was plain white with no embroidery on it whatsoever. She looked stunning with her bangles and her doctor's coat and walked to Kanan's cabin. 


'You know tomorrow is Kripa's birthday and no-one, and I mean no-one is to call her. If there's any emergency, you let us know,' came Mishti's voice. She was dressed up in blue jeans and a baby blue shirt with her doctor's coat on her. 



'You better get that right because if Kripa is seen in the hospital tomorrow, first me and Mishti will kill you then Kunal will get at your back. You better understand that!' Kanan was lecturing the ward boy. Kanan was looking gorgeous in her pink kurti and black jeans. The ward boy looked crestfallen and nodded. He walked out of the office and saw Kripa. 



'Good morning ma'am,' he said smiling. He just looked at the three of them and wondered how three women could be so close to one another that if one of had a problem the other two would be running to get it right. He just went to his other duties. 



Kripa smiled and entered the cabin. 'Good morning. I can see you getting mad at the poor ward boy. What had he done? Wow, I'd be scared right out of my mind if I was him.' 



'Hi Kripa. Well, Kunal said he'll kill us if you were called in the hospital tomorrow. It's not everyday that two birthdays are celebrated together especially if the pair is mother and son instead of twins! So Mishti and I wanted to live for a few more years so we decided that you will not be called in tomorrow. Instead Mishti, Prithvi, Nishant and I can take up any emergencies,' Kanan said with a bright smile. 



Mishti agreed and said, 'That is one advantage of having your close friends in the same field of work as you. We're all surgeons and we can replace one another perfectly!' 



Kripa laughed innocently. 'Yes, I can see how big an advantage that is. I promise I'll take up your emergencies in the future alright? You guys are the best. I can't believe Kunal actually did that and did not mention it to me this morning. He's such a sweetheart.' 



'Kripa, he's growing up real fast. In no time he'll be getting married, I know that sounds like a far-away thought but it will happen in a blink of the eye. We love him as our own son. Right, Kanan?'



'Uhun, he's fortunate to have three mothers of whom two are fraternal twins and two fathers who are actually brothers. Isn't this fascinating?' 



'Oh God, how I love all you guys! I don't know what I'd do without you!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment