Thursday, March 1, 2012

FF: A Blue Moon Ago - Chapter 15


He left the room silently. Kripa stood there staring at the space he was in. She had known that she had needed to get out of that situation really fast and she just said the first thing that had entered her mind. It didn't take her long to find out why it was a mistake. If Angad ever found out about Kunal being his son, he would hate her for saying that Kuanl was somebody else's son. 


How could she have done that? She just stole Angad's right to Kunal. Tears welled up in her eyes again. She couldn't give herself more pain than she had already endured. She had to live with her self-respect all her life. She didn't find any respect for herself for lying. She made another decision and went running. 



She saw him walking blindly towards the car park. Her heart did another flip-flop. So he did care if I was married, she thought. It oddly pleased her. She didn't want to be pleased but she was more than pleased. He did care. Even if only for his selfish reasons, he did care. 



'Angad.' She shouted out. 



Now what does she want? Hasn't she said enough? She is married. Now why is she coming running behind me? Won't her husband have a problem now? He thought bitterly. Her previous statement had completely rocked his life. He couldn't think of anything but her and what she had said. All the flashbacks came to him. The sweet Kripa. The angry Kripa. The beautiful Kripa. His Kripa. And now she was no longer his. She was somebody else's. For God's sake, she had another man's child! He was so angry with himself and her that he curled his fist and jammed it on the light post. 



Kripa saw this and gave a horrified shriek. Her mind was screaming just listen to me, as she ran towards him with the speed she didn't know she had. His fist was bleeding profusely. He still has that damn temper, she thought as she whirled him around. She saw that his eyes were red from tears and fury. She backed up. She had never seen the fury in his eyes. She didn't want to be the recipient for that fury but she was. 



Angad saw her back away with a scared look. Damn, I've even managed to freak her out. What else do I need to do? His eyes softened as his eyes bore on hers. She wasn't too steady he realized. Before either of them could realize what he had done, he touched her cheek ever so lightly. Her eyes watered. She saw the blood smeared on them and grabbed his hand and took him inside the hospital. 



She dismissed all the curious glances and took him to her cabin. She had a few basic things in her closet. She went there to get antiseptic and a bandage. She turned to him and motioned him to sit down. She saw that he was still very stubborn and refused to take a seat. She sighed. How was she supposed to tell him the truth if he was being so stubborn? 



'Angad, sit down.' He ignored her again. 



'Angad, I said sit down.' When he ignored her again, she pushed him down to the chair. He looked at her with a bewildered expression. Some things never change, he thought. 



'Are you mad?' she asked him while cleaning his cut. 'What the hell were you thinking doing things like that? Have you seriously lost your mind? Who does that? I told you, you need anger management classes. But no, you just don't want to listen to me. You just never listen. One of these days, you'll seriously do something drastic. Have you ever thought of your mom or Aaliya? If they see you like this, do you think they'll be pleased? What if something would have happened to you?' 



Angad smiled. This was the Kripa he knew. The Kripa that cared. Although she was married to somebody else, she still cared. Angad, don't think of things like that about a married woman, he reminded himself. 



'Are you going to reply or what? What do you think I'm blabbering for?' she asked him getting angry. 



He burst into laughter. 'So you do admit that you blabber! I told you all those times that all you do is blabber. You never listened to me either.' Kripa felt a lot better listening to his laughter. 



She pretended to get mad at him. 'Angad, you retard! You still make me sound like a fool! You say anything like that and I'll yank your bandage and make sure that your fist hurts.' She turned serious. 'Angad, why did you do that? Tell me the truth.' 



'You want the truth? It's the truth you'll get. Because I couldn't bear the thought of you married to someone else. I couldn't think of you with someone other than me.' 



'Angad, what was between me and you was a very long time ago. You cheated on me. I know that and you know that so don't even think of denying. One more thing before you can leave.' She took a deep breath. She had no idea of how he'd react. 'I'm not married. I said that so that you would leave me alone.' She said that in a rush. 



Angad was ecstatic. She was not married! Thank God her conscience never let her lie. Thank God for that! He looked at her so lovingly that she felt a blush climb to her cheeks. She gave herself another mental jolt. She was doing it again. In those few minutes, she was in love with Angad all over again. But she would not give him the satisfaction of letting him know that! Then it was Angad's turn to get angry. 



'Why the hell did you lie to me? Why did you have to lie to me? Do you know how much you hurt me? Do you know what I felt in those few moments? I thought my whole lifetime passed before my eyes. How could you do that to me? How could you Kripa?' 



Kripa rose her voice. 'Do you know how I felt when you cheated on me? You actually had the nerve to cheat on me! You spineless jerk! If you didn't want me, you should have told me on my face. I would not disgrace myself by begging you to stay with me. And now you have the nerve to barge into my life again? Get lost Angad!' she was almost in tears when she was done with this. 



Angad heard the hurt in her voice and cursed himself again. Maybe it was time to clear every misunderstanding between them. He went to he and it hurt him tremendously when she backed a step. She did not trust him. Why should she? He asked himself for the millionth time trying to cause as much pain to him as was possible. You did not do anything to gain her trust either, did you? You had come here to talk it through and look; you've nearly screwed it up again. 



'Kripa, I'm sorry. Please let me explain. Please.' Before she had a chance to protest, the decision was removed from her hands. Her beeper went off. She was called to the emergency room. Angad let her go. 



'Angad, I don't want to see you again.' She repeated for the hundredth time. 'Leave me alone. You're coming in between my duties. I'm a good doctor Angad. Please don't take this away from me. You took everything else away from me, please let me stay with this. Please,' she begged quietly. 



If she asked him even for his life at that moment with that look, he would have gladly obliged her. Staying away was a bigger problem. He wouldn't come in her way for some time, but the next time he would, would be a greater deal, he promised himself. 



'OK Kripa, you go. Have a pleasant day.' He smiled at her and patted her cheek. 'Bye.' He would let her go for now, but a time would come when she would not let him go. Surely such a time would come?



Why did her heart break when he said bye? She couldn't understand that so she smiled at him and left. She kept thinking of him though. She was thinking of all the moments they had spent a decade ago. When she thought of the day she was to go tell him that she was pregnant, she hardened her heart again. She would not think of him, she promised herself. 



Little did she know that was close to impossible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment