Thursday, March 1, 2012

FF: A Blue Moon Ago - Chapter 22


Kripa stared at him in shock. She knew Angad would want to marry her once he found out but she didn't know that she going to get such a proposal. She was certain this proposal would get the number one spot in the Record of Worst Proposals. But what was she expecting? Promise of love and I'll cherish you till death does us apart? He didn't love her. Now, there was no question about it. Now for the fact that she hid her son from him, he hated her for sure. And he didn't even deny the relationship he had had with Sonia. This just went to confirm with what had happened a blue moon ago. 


Kripa was at the verge of refusing when she saw Kunal playing. This was not only about her life, but her son's life. He looked so happy seeing them together. She hadn't seen Kunal as happy as when he was with Angad around. Kunal had never asked for anything. He deserved something so much better. Even if she had to remove her heart for her son, she would gladly oblige. 



She turned to Angad her face pale. 'Fine, I'll marry you for Kunal.' Angad felt hurt by her statement. Yes, she would marry him only for Kunal. Not because she loved him. He was such a fool to think she would still love him after what happened more than a decade ago. Did that mean that he had misread her eyes a few days ago? Fine, if this was how it was going to be, this is how it would be. 



At that moment, Kunal went running towards them. 'Mama, Papa, let's go. I'm hungry! I would think that I would get a treat for getting first prize in the competition. But no, I'm expecting too much.' He pouted and looked so adorable. Angad wrapped Kunal in his arms. This was the first time Kunal had called him Papa and he loved the feeling. 



Angad pulled back and smiled. 'Let's go to my cottage, everyone's waiting for us there. I promise that we'll go for ice-cream tonight.' Kunal looked so pleased that Angad felt better immediately. This was going to work out no matter what; if not for them, definitely for their son. 



Angad and Kripa drove in silence while Kunal chattered continuously. Although this was not exactly how he had imagined, it was working still. This was the only man her mother had ever loved and would ever love so he knew he had to ensure that everything went well. He remembered a time when a man was stalking his mother and how stubborn she had been. He had not understood why at that time why his mother was not interested as that man was very nice; but now everything was clear. There was nobody like his father. 



When the family entered the cottage, they saw some seated and some were pacing around. Naina and Gayatri were least concerned because they knew that everything would be fine. They just needed to convince the others the same thing. They all stopped talking when they spotted them. 



Angad walked towards his mother and soon to be mother-in-law. He kneeled to them and looked at them one after the other. He took Gayatri's hand and said, 'I'm sorry for not being there when I guess I was most needed. I'm sorry I missed ten years of my son's life. I'm sorry for being such a fool but I promise everything will work out for us. I want to ask you for your daughter's hand. I want to be a family with your daughter and our son. Please, let me marry her.' 



Gayatri's eyes sprung with tears. Yes, everything would work out. And Kripa was wrong when she had said that she never knew her father and neither would Kunal. There Kunal was with Angad and nothing could have made her happier. 



She hugged Angad and said, 'Nothing could have made me happier. I am so glad that finally Kunal knows his father. I won't ask you what happened ten years ago because I already know Kripa's version. I don't care to listen to yours but I just want to let you know something. You hurt my little girl once more and I'm going to kill you with my bare hands.' 



Gayatri looked at Naina and hugged her hard, 'More than thirty years ago, who would have imagined that our children would actually want to get married? I'm so happy Naina! This is the fourth happiest day of my life. First was when I was with Surya, then when Kripa was born, then Kunal came in my life and now finally this. Who would want anything more than this? I'd die happy now if I had to. My daughter's world is complete.' 



Kripa wanted to cry when she heard that. Little did her mother know that this was going to be just a compromise they would be making for Kunal. Life was just unfair. She would die if she had to, to see her son happy. This was going to be a small sacrifice for him. Judging Angad's anger and attitude, she knew that it might take another blue moon to forgive her. But what fault was it of Kripa’s? Was she still supposed to tell him about Kunal after she saw Angad and Sonia together? 



Angad watched her put a fake smile on her face. He knew she was unhappy but he didn't give a damn about that. Who was he kidding? It hurt him to think that this marriage was going to just take place because of their son. 



They all sat down, talked and had a good time. Prithvi, Mishti, Kanan and Nishant wouldn't just stop teasing Kripa. 'Kripa, you never told us why you ran away from love but we should have realized that you already had somebody's love, why would you need it from someone else?' Kanan commented laughing. 



Mishti thought that Angad should not be left behind. 'You've already made her lonely once, don't do that again or she might as well go find someone else alright? You make my sister cry again and I'll slaughter you personally!' 



Aaliya laughed. 'That's so true Angad! You make my Bhabhi cry and I'll disown you as my brother!' 



Angad grinned. 'I'm not even married yet and you're already taking your Bhabhi's side? What Aaliya? I thought you were my sister! Look Kripa at what you have done!' he looked at her still laughing and saw her expression that clearly stated that she knew that he was putting an act in front of their families. It hurt so much. If he was seriously glad to be with her, this would be the most precious time for her. But all it was was an act; nothing more and nothing less. 



The teasing continued until Gayatri and Naina had to put it to an end. 'We need to discuss serious things now so quit it for a while.' Naina took Kripa's hand and held it. She kissed her forehead. Kripa closed her eyes so that nobody could catch a glimpse of the tears forming in her eyes. It wouldn't matter whatever relationship she would have with Angad, she knew Naina would love her like her own daughter and that was comforting for her. So why couldn't she feel happier? 



'Kripa beta, when would you two like to get married?' Kripa didn't know what to say. She didn't want to get married? 



'Whenever's fine,' she mumbled. 



What was bothering her? Angad thought. Did she really not want to get married? But why? Did she hate him? Why couldn't they just talk for once? He then remembered that she had kept him away from his son for her son's entire life, there was no way he was going to be concerned about her. He wanted to be mean, plain mean. 



'Mama, why are you asking her? Ask me! I want to get married to her as soon as possible. When's the earliest that we can get married?' At this, everyone burst into laughter. It was completely understandable as to why Angad was in such a hurry to get married. Little did they know that all he wanted to see was Kripa getting uncomfortable. He was successful with that mission. 



Kripa was saddened. She didn't know where the Angad she had loved had disappeared. He used to be so considerate of her feelings. He'd know immediately of what was bothering her and would ensure that nothing made her uncomfortable. He had always known that she was capable of holding her own, he had seen it the first day; but that didn't stop him from being a protective guy. Now, all he wanted to do was hurt her. He had hurt her the day she had found out she was pregnant; he hurt her for a third of her life and would continue doing so until eternity. 



'Yes Mama. When's the earliest we can get married?' Kripa was looking at Angad as she spoke that. She would not be a weak, weepy woman who couldn't stand on her own. She would show him the person she was when they had first met. Angad was surprised by that because he hadn't expected that from her. 



'On Friday, we can have the mehendi and wedding on Saturday. Tomorrow can be the engagement and the whole week will be full of Sangeet of course.' Everyone was happy. Even if Kripa and Angad didn't want to confess it, the happiness was still there. Deep, deep in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment